Monday, September 19, 2011

Bran Muffins that'll make your life easier

Let's be real, sometimes its hard to get a good breakfast every morning when you're running out the door.
Its hard to make yourself something good that's not just cold cereal, you know? 
Well I have a solution for you!

Introducing 6 Week Bran Muffins
I came across a recipe that makes a lot of muffins and that you can keep in your fridge for up to 6 weeks!
That way you can just cook them while your in the shower, or you can microwave cook them - still working out the kinks on the last one, but so far so good not too bad. 

Okay here's what you'll need:
2 C boiling water
4 C Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal
1 C plus 2 Tbsp. shortening
2 C sugar
5 C Flour
2 C 100% Bran Flakes Cereal
1 tsp salt
5 tsp baking soda
1 qt. buttermilk (substitute: add 1 T vinegar to each C whole milk; let sit 5 mins)
4 eggs

Instructions:
Pour boiling water over All-Bran. Cover and let stand. In a separate bowl, cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and buttermilk.  Add Bran Flakes and moistened All-Bran and let stand while you sift flour, salt, and soda. Blend dry ingredients into wet. Fold in raisins if desired. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.

-- Recipe compliments of my Aunt Alice Marie. {She's pretty much the bomb.com nbd...}

Microwave instructions: Spray a minimal amount of pam into the bottom of a glass mug. Fill mug with 1/3-1/2 cup batter. Microwave on high for a minute and a half. Pour muffin out onto plate. Enjoy your hot muffin! When we did this the muffin was really fluffy - but Jeremy said it wasn't bad. We'll keep messing around with it and let you know if we come up with something better. 

So there you have it folks! An easy breakfast that you can just grab out of the fridge and cook each morning! I'm thinking I might load up a little muffin tin and let them cook while I'm in the shower. 
OH I also cooked mine with a little brown sugar on top -hehe. I like a little sweet with my healthy, you know? And I love my bran muffins with raspberry jam! It's so good!
{sorry... I always forget to take pictures... so you'll just have to try them out yourself to see!}

BON APPETITE!

1 comment:

Leave a comment and make my day!