Sunday, September 25, 2011

Imperfection

Recently I was called as my ward's Choir Director.  At first I couldn't help smiling I was so excited! I've grown up singing in choirs, and I always thought that it would be a fun experience, but now that I'm here, I have been really humbled.  I didn't realize how many cues, and different components were involved as a choir director.  There are some really talented people in my ward, people who are way more qualified than me... and its intimidating! But last night President Uchtdorf reminded me in the General Relief Society Broadcast that I'm not perfect, and Heavenly Father knows I'm not perfect. 

I've never thought of myself as a perfectionist, but its hard to be a leader at something new you've never done before. I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of freaking out haha but it feels good to know that Heavenly Father wants me to be here, and he wants me to learn from this calling, and He'll be there to strengthen me and help me invite the Spirit to our Sacrament meetings once a month.

I guess I'm not accepting Imperfection as much as I am accepting that I'm not going to be perfect in this life. I can only do my best and rely on my Savior to do the rest. 
Its still hard... but I'm trying to roll with the punches and do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day!