Friday, January 13, 2012

one of those days

I know what you're thinking...
This is going to be one of Sarah's rambling 
''I've had a horrible day'' posts.
Well YOU WERE WRONG!
Today was a great day. It was one of those days 
when I had a moment that made me realize, 
"Yes. This is what happiness feels like."
This moment happened while I was fixing dinner.
I finally felt like the homemaker I've been wanting to be.
My favorite playlist was serenading me with the very best tunes.
Madeline was sleeping peacefully in her swing.
And I could hear Jeremy's voice in the other room as he talked to his dad.
{He got home today so naturally I was glad to be able to hear him}
It might sound silly to some, but I kind of felt like supermom. 
Like I was in my element for one of the first times.
Doing the dishes didn't feel like a chore, 
I was just happy to be doing my part for our family.
I love that I was cheerfully putting together a healthy meal
that I knew my husband would enjoy. 
Money might be tight, and I don't have the 
most beautiful kitchen, or house for that matter.  
Life still has many mysteries for us to unfold.
But in that moment you couldn't keep a smile off my face it you tried. 
Because I love being a a homemaker.
I love being a mom.  I love being a wife.
And most of all I love being a daughter of God. 
During the past few days I've been reminded of how
 aware Heavenly Father really is of me and my family.
This is where I'm supposed to be and this
 is what I'm supposed to be doing.
And I couldn't be HAPPIER.
___________________________________

And to finish off my awesome day I single-handedly
{Literally single-handedly because I had a baby in one arm}
made some delicious cookies!
How did I manage to do that you ask?
It was really easy, because it's a super easy recipe!
They are Chocolate Fudge Cookies found here
You just take a chocolate cake mix, mix it with 2 eggs
 and a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips 
and voila - you're done!  Put 'em on the pan like 
you would any other cookie and bake at 350 for 8 mins!
How easy is that!?
Seriously, if I ever forget that I'm supposed to make a desert 
sometime for something that is my new go-to recipe.
Hope you have a great LONG weekend!
I plan on spending mine enjoying having the hubby back :)



1 comment:

  1. Love this! I hope to be able to have days like that one day! It really does sound like the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day!