Friday, February 8, 2013

my husband the lieutenant

I don't mean to brag or anything... but my husband is kind of the greatest.  I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of him.  Last week he was officially saluted(?) into the United States Air Force as part of a Health Professions Scholarship (I need to work on my military terminology).  Jeremy has worked so hard to qualify for this scholarship.  The Air Force will pay for the next three years of his schooling. The year after Dental School he'll be assigned to a base in the U.S. where he'll do a residency. Then  the following three years he'll be reassigned (hopefully with a little sway by our preference) to a base somewhere in the world.  We're so excited! I'm secretly hoping for England, Hawaii or Italy :) Most of all Dental School isn't cheap, so we are more than happy to kiss debt goodbye.  
{Above is a map or the U.S. Air Force Bases in Europe. I could be happy in any of these places :)}

Aside from all of that, I'm grateful to be the wife of this wonderful man. I feel so blessed that I got to marry him while we were both so young (still are so young I guess ;)  I love that we have eternity and beyond together.  I love that we have grown individually and together so much in the past two years.  I love laughing with him, working with him, being parents together, everything. I'm humbled by how selfless he is and grateful for his inspiring Christ-like example.  I came home from a Relief Society Activity last night to a super clean house.  Dishes done, floor swept (and it was bad!), bedroom cleaned and organized.  Then I found "I love you Sarah" written in bath toys on our shower wall this morning :) 
I love you Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. i am totally going to come visit you if you get to go to a totally cool place. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day!