Monday, February 11, 2013

Miss Madeline loves to read

I've never loved reading.  It's something that I've tried to love, I want to love, but I find it a rare thing to find myself lost in the pages of a book.  I've been relieved in the past months and weeks to discover that Madeline does love reading. We have over twenty books we read multiple times every day. There's something magical about seeing her excitement as she brings me another book. If I'm on the couch she'll hand me the book and reach her little arms up to me.  Then she burrows into my lap and we start. 
 Since it's winter and there's not much to do other than 
read I thought I'd share a few of our favorites.

This one is definitely at the top of the list :) I guess I'm just a sucker for kids books

I think my favorite part of all is hearing her proclaim at "de den" (The End) as we finish each book or "tor-wees" (stories) as she calls them.

p.s. The next book I want to add to our collection.  It was a favorite of mine growing up :)
p.p.s. I'm going to start on my couch covers soon! SO EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day!